Thursday, September 29, 2011

S'mores Whoopie Pies

About a month ago, I was making some desserts for a luncheon and decided it would be the perfect time to make these S'mores Whoopie Pies that I had spotted a few months ago. I always hesitate to make dessert recipes that yield so much unless I am sure that I have a way to share them.
I was excited about this particular recipe because it uses graham flavor in the cookie/cake part of the s'more, which I think adds a really nice flavor. These are a little bit labor intensive, because there are 3 different components- the graham cake/cookie, the marshmallow frosting, and the chocolate ganache filling- but, they were worth every minute. I made these late at night and that is why there is such a horrible light in the picture. I saved one for the kids to try after they got home from school and we cut it into 5 pieces so everyone could taste it. The consensus was that these were very delicious! The tray returned from the luncheon empty, so I am assuming that the people who ate them felt the same way. A really fun take on S'mores!


Here is the recipe for S'mores Whoopie Pies


2 comments:

Jamie said...

I have been wanting to make whoopie pies for a long time now. I really need to make some this fall. Yours look so yummy.

Audrey and the Boys said...

Good thing I wasn't nearby. I have no self control around items like that!