Tuesday, September 7, 2010

TWD- Peanut Butter Crisscrosses

This week's Tuesday's with Dorie pick- Peanut Butter Crisscrosses, was chosen by Jasmine. You can find the recipe on her blog- Jasmine Cuisine.

I made a half batch of these last week while my kids were getting ready for bed. They were really easy to throw together and there is no chilling time for the dough, so as soon as it is mixed up, they are ready to go on the cookie sheet. I reduced the amount of chopped peanuts and added in some mini chocolate chips, at the request of my kids.

These were good. Just the right amount of chewiness in the center, yet a crunchy edge. I thought much better the next day as opposed to warm, but that is just my opinion. I got 30 cookies from a half batch of dough and will definitely make these again.

Check out everyone else's results by heading over to TWD!

12 comments:

Mary said...

I liked these best the second day too. Yours look fabulous!
:)

chocolatechic said...

They were very quick to throw together.

I was so happy about that.

And they freeze well.

Cindy said...

What a yummy cookie, I will try the chocolate variation soon.

Kimberly Johnson said...

I was happily surprised when I saw the dough did not require chilling time. These were excellent cookies!

Tia said...

totally agreed on the chewy factor. a nice cookie :)
My version of these is PB and J thumprints. Great job this week!

Madam Chow said...

I agree that these got better over time. I froze a bunch and we actually ate them frozen.

Eliana said...

They look awesome. Love the addition of chocolate chips. Can't go wrong with that flavor combo.

Rachel said...

mmm I added chocolate too--delicious! your cookies are lovely!

spike. said...

i liked them better the next day too

Flourchild said...

Yum your cookies look great!! I loved this recipe!


Sorry it's taken me awhile to get to your blog..I try to leave a comment on everyones blog and it takes awhile!

Jules Someone said...

Loved how easy these were. Helped that they were delicious!

Cathy said...

I think this is a great PB cookie recipe - perfect texture, as you say! - and a nice quick one too. Keeper here! 2/3ds of my kids love PB cookies, and that's about the best ratio we ever get on any dish. :-) Your cookies look perfect!