Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cold Ginger, Soy, and Honey Sesame Noodles

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I have really enjoyed spending some time with my sister and my family. We have had tons of Thanksgiving foods and just enjoyed a long weekend together.
This recipe is one that I have made several times, the first time I made it to send with my younger brother and my son in their lunches last year. Those of us who were able to sample it at home, loved it.

It is really easy to make and is supposed to be served cold. The sauce only has 5 ingredients, so you can whip it up in no time. I always use whole wheat angel hair pasta when I make this and then it feels like it is just a little bit healthier for you.

The flavors of the sauce are really delicious- honey, sesame oil, peanut butter, fresh ginger and tamari (which is just a thicker, darker and a little bit richer soy sauce). Yum.

Recipe for Cold Ginger, Soy, and Honey Sesame Noodles

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! The salad sounds delicious and a nice diversion from all the turkey day food!

Jo said...

Oh yeah, my kind of quick noodles. I love eating this and will add in some dried seaweed as well as thinly sliced preserved daikon. Yum, yum!

Sarah said...

Mmm, I love sesame noodles. I haven't had them in such a long time, I'm definitely going to have to try these out soon!

Aggie said...

Oh this is a good one....you could really turn this into a nice pasta salad dish for a potluck too now that I think of it. Something different! Thanks for posting it!

Kayte said...

Love, love, love the idea of these...stealing again. Thanks.

Kayte said...

Love, love, love the idea of these...stealing again. Thanks.