Thursday, November 5, 2009

CEiMB-(rewind) Tuscan Vegetable Soup

Tuscan Vegetable Soup is not this week's recipe for Craving Ellie in my Belly. This week I was supposed to make Linguini with Shrimp.
Well, sometimes it just doesn't happen.
I didn't get to this soup in the middle of October for some reason, but saw that everyone was completely raving about it.
I decided to go back and make it, because it looked really easy, delicious and was getting rave reviews from everyone. It was chosen by Pam over at Lobster and Fishsticks, find her post about it here.

I made it when my mom was here visiting and it came together in a flash. We had been out at the park and got back home really close to dinner time. I couldn't believe how quickly this soup came together. It really is a simple soup, but it was really full of flavor and vegetables. My mom really liked it and so did the kids.

So, since it is soup weather right now, I encourage you to make this soup.

If you are feeling like shrimp is a better option, then go check out the CEiMB Blogroll to see what everyone thought about the linguini.

Recipe for Tuscan Vegetable Soup

12 comments:

Kayte said...

I am making this again today so we can have it to sip on over the weekend with the swim meet. It holds up really well and gets better with a couple of days to just sit around and stew in its own juices, so to speak. Yours looks so wonderful! The shrimp linguine is excellent also...go there soon, okay??? I just love Ellie's recipes.

amanda @ fake ginger said...

Yum, this was definitely one of my recent favorites. It looks delicious and makes me want to make it again!

Steph said...

It's always great when food can be cooked in a flash. All those veggies make it look so good!

Joanne said...

The soup looks great. It's that time of year for this recipe.

Amanda said...

Sounds delicious, the photo is beautiful!

~~louise~~ said...

It's a soup kind of day in New York today. I need to go check ingredients. If so, it will be on the menu for tonight.

Thanks for sharing, Mary Ann:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great healthy soup.

Anonymous said...

Looks light and yummy and I especially like how quick it is to make!

Unknown said...

I remember when everyone posted this recently I thought it looked good then and it still looks good now :) Love the photo!

Kerstin said...

What a lovely soup, it sounds so good!

Sara said...

Yay, so glad you were able to make this soup. It was so good, it really warms the belly on a cold day :)

Pamela said...

This was a delicious soup. And that is the prettiest picture of this soup that I've seen, too!